Beet and Potato Chicken Salad
This chicken salad is loaded with earthy beets and crunchy walnuts.
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup whole pickled beets, drained
- 2 cups diced, cooked potatoes
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and trimmed
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- In medium saucepan, place chicken breasts and cover with cold water. Over medium-high heat, bring water to a simmer; cover and cook for 8 minutes, until chicken breasts are firm and opaque. Remove chicken from pan; cool.
- Dice beets and place in small bowl; set aside. Chop chicken into 1 inch chunks; place in large bowl. Stir in potatoes, beets, red onion, dill pickle, mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Line large serving platter or bowl with watercress. Top with chicken and potato salad. Sprinkle with bacon and walnuts.
Calories from Fat 257 (53%)
(43%)Total Fat 28g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.